All Government and Private sector establishments recognizes AMIE as equivalent to B.Tech.
As we knows that the Institution of Engineers(India) is a biggest professional technical Institution in our country with it's largest engineering discipline and vast network of state and local centre throughout the country. On the other hand there are also other professional technical institutions in our country which are the serving the country as IE (I) which are as follow
1. The Institution of Mechanical Engineers ( India )
2. The Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineers (India)
3. Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering
4. Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
5. Aeronautical Society of India
The facts about recognition of Associate membership Courses (like AMIE) are as Follow.
1. The Associate Membership courses conducted by the recognised technical professional Institution like Institution of Engineers(India) , The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India), The Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineers (India) are recognised by the Ministry of HRD , Govt of India ( After getting due examination / recommended by the AICTE , New Delhi).
2. The course contents for the "Associate Membership Courses conducted by the recognised Technical Professional Institutions in India are scrutinized by the A.I.C.T.E. regularly on the instructions by the MHRD,Govt. of India for controlling the quality of education.
3. The "Associate Membership" can be run as per the A.I.C.T.E. approved syllabus only.The A.I.C.T.E. shall approve & sign the syllabus book of the particular Institution and submit to the MHRD,Govt. of India & one copy is handed over to the Institution & other with the A.I.C.T.E.
4. The A.I.C.T.E. releases funds under "SCHEME OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES/ BODIES " for supporting the professional activities of the Technical Professional Institutions in India Like IE(I), IME(I), IETE etc..
5. The A.I.C.T.E. is not directly involved in the recognition of the "Associate Membership" courses conducted the the Technical Professional Institutions as the same is done by the MHRD,Govt. of India.
6. All the "Associate Membership" courses awarded by the recognised Technical Professional Institutions like-The IE(I)-Kolkata ,IME(I), are recognised by the MHRD-Govt. of India only after assessment of the syllabus,course contents,method of examination conduct,rules & regulations etc.. of each of the professional Institution through A.I.C.T.E.
7. The professional Technical Qualifications Like : A.M.I.E(I), A.M.I.Mech.E(I) etc.. doesn't come under the Preview of the DISTANCE EDUCTAION COUNCIL(DEC). Only the recognised Universities / Deemed Universities / Autonomous Institutes comes under the preview of the DEC.
8. That's why the distance learning Engineering degrees / Diplomas conducted by the recognised Universities / Deemed Universities / Autonomus Institutes are never preferred in industry over the ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATES as the ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATES are directly awarded by the core Engineering Institutions itself duly recognised by the MHRD-Govt. of India thru A.I.C.T.E.
9. As per the procedure by the Govt. of India, approval from AICTE is not required for the Professional Technical Societies in India like : The Insitution of Engineers(India)-Kolkata , Insitution of Mechanical Engineers (India)-Navi Mumbai,IETE-New Delhi etc.The Ministry of HRD get the Course Syllabus of these Institutions reviewed & approved by the AICTE.As per the recommendations of the AICTE , Minsitry of HRD releases the Recognition notification for publishing in Gazattee of India.
So AICTE have no direct powers to recoignise A.M.I.E (I) ,T.Eng. , A.M.I.Mech.E(I), AMIETE , AMAeSI etc.. courses.
The MHRD,Govt. of India gets examined the syllabus , scheme of examinations , methods of conducting examinations,rules for award of Degree/Diploma etc. of the particular Institution thru the A.I.C.T.E. & only after receipt of the approval / recommendation from the A.I.C.T.E. , the course is recognised by the MHRD-Govt. of India.