HAVE ANY QUESTION ? +91 949 595 1100

AMIE Course Details Admission Coaching Classes, Study Materials

After B-Tech

Additional Degree in Engineering

Are you a B.Tech/B.E holder in any engineering descipline (say Electronics Engg) ?. You can take an additional degree (say in Civil Engg) through AMIE. They can appear for AMIE examination at any center and when they clear certain number of subjects they get another degree in engineering !! The procedure is very simple.

Who is eligible?

B.Tech/B.E holders from recognized university, no mark restriction.


1.In order to get an additional degree , first you must apply for 'Associate Membership (or AM Registration)' of Institution of Engineers.

2.Once you got associate membership (AM), you have become an AMIE in the same branch of your B.Tech. In order to get an additional degree, you must now study 9 subjects in your desired branch of engineering. For that you must register for Section B part of AMIE.

3.While registering for Section B, you can choose any desired branch of engineering.

4.After Registering for Section B, you can apply and appear for Section B examination of your choosen branch of engineering.

5.When you clear 9 subjects in Section B examination, you get an additional AMIE degree in your choosen branch.

Step 1. Apply for 'Associate Membership'.To become an "Associate Member", download, print out and fill up "application form to become Associate Member".

Step 2. Seek help from any 'Supporter' known to you to verify your photograph and signature. A supporter is normally a senior AMIE/MIE/FIE holder who will introduce you to the engineers community called the IEI (Institution of Engineers, India ).

Step 3. Pay fee of Rs 4189/- as DD, drawn in favour of "The Institution of Engineers (India)" payable at Kolkata. This is the fee for registering as an Associate Member.

Step 4. Filled up appplication form along with fee and necessary documents (Proof of age and qualification)are to send to IEI Kolkata. Once your membership is granted you become an AMIE, (viz Associate Member of Institution of Engineers) in the same branch of your B.Tech.

Step 5. Once you became an Associate Member (AM) now are eligible for appearing for Section B examinations of IEI.

Apply For Additional Branch

After getting your 'Associate Membership', you can apply for Section B Registrtion. Here you can choose your desired branch of engineering. Here is the procedure for "Section B Registration"